Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Texas my Texas

Do you ever wonder about the place you live, have lived for the past 25 yrs?
I did. I wondered what was Texas once, things I can relate to.
Most people think of ranches and oil.
I think of cotton fields......
Jeans which were manufactured in Huntsville prison,
slogan: Don't mess with Texas....just had to weave with plastic
and feathers....people coming into this vast state from all over the world like birds......
Texas my Texas
plain weave with plastic, cotton, jeans and feathers
size: 28" x 34" 

2 comments:

  1. I saw this piece in person today and it is truly amazing. The red section is made from the plastic sleeves that keep your newspapers dry!!!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you have done! Love your wonderful creativity!

    ReplyDelete